Face to Face review


Title:  Face to Face with the Prince of Darkness
Author:  Grace Mongi-Clifton
Publisher:  Dorrance Publishing Company, Inc.
Year:  2011
Pages:  257
                When I first read the title of this book, I was intrigued to say the least.  Was this a book about spirituality?  Then, as I read on, I learned it was about the many trials and the persecutions this woman endured.  The story was hard to follow when I first opened the book.  I couldn’t understand the line of thought or tell where the author wanted to take the reader.  Mrs. Mongi-Clifton was sharing her heart and true life story in the hopes that others will step in and help change the way people were treating other people.
                It was apparent from the start that she was also sharing her faith and her belief in God; this is what carried her through to the victorious end.  While now living elsewhere with her husband, this woman is gracious in not outwardly naming people.  Instead, she uses initials in her stories so as not to play in the “mud” just because others do.  Grace liberally quotes Scripture not because she wants to appear “religious”, but because the God of the Word is that real to her.  I admire that she chose to turn to Him instead of trying to live through her experiences without Him.
                I do recommend the “Face to Face with the Prince of Darkness”.  It is a testimony of God working in and through people regardless of race, nationality, language or any other barriers.  While reading, I asked myself if I knew the many names of God in the reality of my life.  I can say that I do in some ways while in other ways I am learning too.  Read this book and allow yourself to ask the same question:  “Do you know God in regards to the many ways He has revealed Himself?”  It isn’t just the ancients who were learning to know Him in His infinite character through the many names used to describe Him; Grace is learning to know Him also.  Are you?
Note:  I received a complimentary copy of “Face to Face with the Prince of Darkness” from Dorrance Publishing Company as a member of the Dorrance Publishing Review Team.
               
               

Popular Posts