Read "Strings of Color"


Title:  Strings of Color

Author:  Marian L. Thomas

Pages:  368

Year:  2012

Publisher:  LB Publishing

Note:  I received a complimentary copy for my honest review from the author.

               

                What an amazing story!  I’ve got to say it took one day to read; I simply couldn’t put it down!  I wasn’t sure if I wanted to read it at first because I was “judging a book by its cover.”  The cover is beautiful, but I didn’t know anything about the author, story line, and I couldn’t tell by the cover what the book was going to be about.  I am glad that I pushed forward and read this novel.  This was the first book for me from this author, having never heard of her before.  This is her third book with another to come out in the spring of 2013.

                Marian L. Thomas tells a wonderful story that has many threads running through it, threads of many different colors.  The characters are more intertwined than you can imagine, as is the story line.  There are surprises, twists and turns, and intrigue that keep you turning the pages until the end!  Within the story line we learn about how two women are invariably tied deeper than they thought.  In what way are they connected?  The answer will surprise you.  One woman is a successful singer who loses her husband, the love of her life.  The other woman lost someone she loved before she was able to tell him how she felt.

                There is a journalist who wants to tell a story only to find more worth living for than the story he longs to write.  It is a story that includes being honest with a tragedy that happened and learning how to face some ugly truths.  Besides all this, many of the characters learn how to overcome their fears and find reconciliation through forgiveness.  This all sounds pretty generic doesn’t it?  Perhaps a quote from the book that I found encapsulates the threads coming together, Chapter 19 (page 297):  ”The pain of truth is hard to swallow.  It’s hard to bear and even harder to live through, or with.  The pain of truth hurts deep in your gut, it causes your insides to ache and your heart—and you simply feel as if it no longer exists.”

                I plan on finding Marian’s other two novels to read and look forward to the one being released in 2013.  Strings of Color gets a 5-star rating from me.  Well done, Marian.  Keep writing!

               
2 comments

Popular Posts