Monday, May 21, 2012

Review of A Place to Belong

Title:  A Place to belong (CD)/A Circle of Friends
Author:  Lisa Troyer & Others
Length:  8 Tracks
Publisher:  Lifeway Worship
Year:  2012
Note:  I received a complimentary copy from B & B Media for review. Follow me on twitter @lcjohnson1988 or on my website: http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/
                As I sit listening to the worship songs, I am also looking at the website, www.ourcircleoffriends.org, and it is a refreshing view.  These ladies share what God has given them with honesty and love for the Body of Christ.  The worship is focused on lifting up the Lord Jesus Christ from whom all flows.  In the book called A Place to Belong, Lisa Troyer shares her story with stark honesty.  If you go to the website, you can peruse the book and see if the chapter titles don’t grab your attention as they did mine.
                While others may look at the work these ladies do and want to lift them up, they lay it all down and glorify Jesus.  If you visit the website, you can sign up for their newsletter and click to submit a prayer request.  On the home page, there is a link where any woman is invited to share her story.  Within the pages, we learn about a community of women where there is affirmation, authenticity, accountability, and more.  Women have before them a choice to make--give themselves first to the Lord and then to each other.
Are you tired of ministries that are “programs,” but not where you feel you belong or can be real?  There seems to be genuine community and an invitation to belong here, because these ladies show us that it all starts in our relationship with Jesus, not religion.  One tab on the website is entitled “Community” where you can register for free, and I encourage you to do so.  Don’t think that this will be the answer to all your heart longs for as only the Lord can be that.  Yet, this is a place where you can belong and get perhaps a new start, especially if you are afraid to risk for fear of being hurt again.  Maybe you need encouragement, honesty, and a woman who can connect with you.

      The subtitle of the book is “Out of Our Comfort Zone and Into God's Adventure”.  For each woman, this calling to dare to move will be unique.  Move where?  For that answer you will have to ask the Lord and if you’re blessed to have a good friend, who loves Jesus, then ask her as well.  To share a bit of my testimony, my call to move is to lovingly care for a woman who completely and thoroughly dislikes me.  I know that if I didn’t have Christ, I wouldn’t be able to stay the course to the finish line.  Also, I have been abundantly blessed with a girlfriend who wants Jesus, is willing to be held accountable and hold me accountable.  She loves me as I am and is faithful.  Let me tell you that is just the beginning.  It is the same in my walk with the Lord; I see only the tip of the iceberg.  He is doing more than I can see or imagine. 

            So how about you?  Where is God asking you to join Him in the adventure you never knew existed?  It might not be what you think, it may be all you think or it may be something you never thought!  Will you take a risk and place your hand in His, allowing Him to lead you down a road you never traveled?  I hope so.  I did and do, and I will never regret doing so!

 


               
Post a Comment