Monday, October 29, 2012

The Genius of Ancient Man Evolution’s Nightmare



Title:  The Genius of Ancient Man Evolution’s Nightmare
Author:  Don Landis with Jackson Hole Bible College                                                           
Pages:  112
Year:  2012
Publisher:  Master Books                                                                            
                There was a time not that long ago when there was a stirring in my heart as I listened to a teacher talk about God and His creating.  I am a product of public school teaching all the way through college graduation.  While in college, I met a group that challenged me to study the Word.  Normally, I would look horizontally and compare myself to other students, coworkers, and teachers.  When I did that, I didn’t feel smart, but stupid as it took me hours to study, learn, and understand material.  Yet, God did something amazing in me when He urged me to pray for understanding…understanding His Word and learning how to give a reasonable defense for the hope that I have within me.
                The first step after asking God to grant me understanding was allowing Him to disassemble the lies I had held about creation, myself, as well as the world around me.  Even though I was hoping for a quick work of God, He in His infinite wisdom has shown me that truth is lifetime pursuit.  Sometimes when I look back I realize that I didn’t stand up for truth because I didn’t know it.  Others who had seemed so much more knowledgeable and smart intimidated me into silence because I didn’t know the answers.  Now, years later, I realize that one of the most freeing statements is “I don’t know” and then going to find the answers.
                By the grace of God, that is what I am continually learning to do, grow in the knowledge of truth.  How about you?  Are you willing for God to do a work in your heart and life, to change your mind?  If what you believe about God, creation, the flood, and more is from a source based on evolutionary thinking, are you courageous enough to open your mind to read this book?  Whether any of us are willing to believe it or not, we all come with suppositions or conclusions that we hold dear to us and view life through that particular lens.  Are you willing to take off your particular lens and read a book that may challenge or change your view?  All I can say is that I am glad that I did some years back.  I know I will never know all the answers, but I know the One who does.  So, before you read this book, know that the first belief formulated is the basis for all else that follows.  Without apology that belief is that the Word of God is infallible, and that we are created and fashioned by the Creator and no other.
                Perhaps the Church has been somewhat lax in equipping the Body in being able to refute any idea, philosophy, or premise because it doesn’t have the tools to do so.  In any case, we, the Body of Jesus Christ, are exhorted by Don Landis and others to see and understand how archeology does confirm the truth of Scripture.  As you read this book, you will be encouraged to learn how God has left Himself a witness through many discoveries of His Being and the Truth of His Word.
               
Chapters in the book are entitled:  Pre-Food Man, Advanced Technology and Monuments, Mounds and Pyramids.  The Genius of Man is a very compelling book for the creationism, God’s Infallible Word, and more.  The author takes pains to make it easy to read, understand, and interesting to behold the proof through pictures.  There are other sources mentioned within the book to help any one of us go further in studying the proof, and Scriptures so we can give a reason for why we believe what we believe.  So here is book for the body to read and discuss.  Don’t take my word for it or anyone else’s. Please read this book and consider the facts and conclusions presented therein.
My rating is 4 ½ stars.
Note:  I received a complimentary copy for an honest review of this book, which is published by Master Books, a division of New Leaf Publishing.  The opinions shared in this review are solely my responsibility.  Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/ .  Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457

Post a Comment