Thursday, December 6, 2012

I AM



Title:  I Am
Author:  Iain D. Campbell                                                                                                               
Pages:  121
Year:  2012
Publisher:  EP Books
                Perhaps there are people who aren’t aware of the seven “I AM” statements that are recorded in the New Testament gospel of John.  For those familiar with these revelatory statements, this book will speak and encourage you as well.  Let me start by stating the seven “I AM’s” generally:
1.       I am the bread (John 6)
2.       I am the light (John 8)
3.       I am the door (John 10)
4.       I am the shepherd (John 10)
5.       I am the resurrection (John 11)
6.       I am the way (John 14)
7.       I am the vine (John 15)
As a friend and I have been studying the Tabernacle we continue to be in awe of what is foreshadowed in the Old Testament regarding Jesus.  Here in this small book, the author shows us how these seven statements are foreshadowed as well.  Christians need to be in the whole counsel of God and not just New Testament Christians.  Why?  I believe there is so much depth we miss in our walk with the Lord by not reading or studying the Old Testament.
As I read this non-fiction teaching by Campbell, I was encouraged that the he took time to show us how these revelations in the New Testament are foreshadowed in the Old Testament.  There are themes that begin to develop in Genesis, and Jesus comes to reveal Himself as that which was spoken of by God through the writers of the Old Testament Books.
With each chapter, it becomes apparent that this is more a book not just to read for information, but to meditate on what is being taught or revealed about Jesus.  At the end of each short chapter, there are questions and more references to continue your walk with the Lord as you study.  There is much encouragement, exhortation, and revelation shared within the pages of the book.  It is an awesome book to start with in studying and becoming familiar with Jesus as He reveals Himself to us in the gospel of John.  Each book in the Bible, all sixty-six of them, is unique and yet intricately intertwined together.  Read the Bible and use this small book to see Jesus as the Son of God and the Son of Man!
My rating is 5 stars.
Note:  I received a complimentary copy for an honest review of this book.  The opinions shared in this review are solely my responsibility.  Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/ .  Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457
Post a Comment