Crossing Values



Title:  Crossing Values
Author:  Carrie Daws
Pages:  160
Year:  2012
Publisher:  Ambassador International
                Absolutely entertaining and enjoyable!  Those are the first words that crossed my mind when I finished the novel.  There are many themes in this short book, but the one that really spoke to me is how God desires us to know we are His treasured possession.  After that element, the way God takes broken people then makes them whole by His love spoke to me too.
                Here we read about Amber who has been on her own for a long time, moving from place to place.  She always tries to remain aloof, afraid of being hurt again so deeply.  She is riddled with guilt and not really looking for anything, settling in one place was much too scary.  A family who has shared both joys and sorrows opens their home to anyone God brings across their paths.  Here begins Amber’s introduction to the God who seeks her with everlasting love.
                There is romance, intrigue and a picture of what it means to live a life of faith without having all the answers first.  Carrie Daws shares her gift of writing with her faith which shows very obviously in this novel.  I was able to sit back and read it within a couple of hours just marveling at the power of simplicity.  What do I mean?  Like Jesus and His parables, here is a simple yet profound story that will move anyone’s heart who reads it.  This just goes to show that it doesn’t have to be a long or huge novel to simply show the beauty of His love.  If you visit my blogs, you will see that I read various lengths of fiction novels and sometimes nonfiction books.  Books are loved because our hearts yearn for stories, and the greatest book and story is contained in The Bible.  So grab a copy today and enjoy!
                My rating is 4 stars.
Note:  I received a complimentary copy for an honest review of this book.  The opinions shared in this review are solely my responsibility.  Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/ .  Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457
Post a Comment

Popular Posts