Her Restless Heart Bible Study








Title:  Her Restless Heart Women's Bible Study - Participant Book: A Woman's Longing for Love and Acceptance (Faith and Fiction Bible Study)

Author:  Barbara Cameron
Pages:  208
Year:  2013
Publisher:  Abingdon Press
                The latest change in fiction has been to add questions for groups or individuals to answer or think about after a novel has been read.  Many book clubs have sprung up in many places, times and even on the internet.  I can imagine groups coming together over coffee to fellowship and share what they liked or disliked about a story and an abundance of other topics.  I believe one, though not the only one, component that is apparent in the groups is the desire to be together with others.  Whether people are seeking fellowship or just enjoy reading, most enjoy getting together and discussing something that encourages their hearts.
                Here is a Bible study that brings together both a love for the Word of God and novels.  It is in no way attempting to displace deeper study or individual quiet times.  What makes this study unique?  First, you don’t have to purchase the book that the study is encompassing.  The author puts everything in one book so that it is easy to grasp the novel’s characters and setting quickly; there is not a book and a separate workbook to buy.  Second, the study incorporates Scripture and questions to ponder, a prayer and additional questions to meditate on throughout the day if you choose.  Third, each week is divided into five days for individual study, which takes 20 to 30 minutes each.  The study is six weeks in length, and at the end, the author shares various recipes for foods that are written about in the Stitches of Time novels.
                When I started to participate in the study, I wasn’t sure what to expect or if I would even like the idea of incorporating a novel in a Bible study.  I can say that because of Abingdon’s heart not to replace deeper study with these types of studies and their heart is to draw people to the Lord, I can recommend this study.  However, that isn’t the only reason.  I have personally done the study and was amazed at the way it flowed between novel and Scripture with questions to help an individual make application to their own life.  The time spent meditating at various places in the study was beneficial as it kept me focused on the Lord and becoming who He is making me to be.
                Her Restless Heart Bible study can be done as an individual or in a group, either way a person can’t go wrong.  I enjoyed learning about the author’s characters, the novel setting and the heart of the author reflected in her writing.  I plan to use this study with a couple other women who are interested in this new way to study the Word and learn about fiction too.  I am honored to be able to review this study that seeks to above all else honor God, which is the heart of all who seek the Lord.
                My rating is 5 stars.
Note:  I received a complimentary copy for an honest review of this book.  The opinions shared in this review are solely my responsibility.  Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/.  Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457
Post a Comment

Popular Posts