Memory's Door








Title:  Memory’s Door (A Well Spring Novel #2)
Author:  James L. Rubart
Pages:  368
Year:  2013
Publisher:  Thomas Nelson
Books are a wonderful invention that can lead the reader into worlds filled with action and adventure.  While it is true some readers enjoy the electronic versions available, I love the feel of book in my hands with the sound of pages turning.  I enjoy seeing the personal library of books being shelved and shared with my family that one day will pass on to the next generation. 
There are many genres, authors, publishers, editors and such.  Each can bring something to the reader that can be relaxing, engaging, emotional, thought provoking or unfortunately once in awhile a book that has to be thrown out.  Gladly, I can state this one novel, a sequel to Soul’s Gate, is one to share and repeatedly read.  As I started the story, it took me a few chapters before my mind remembered where the plot had left off from the first book.  It wasn’t long before the pages were turning faster and my eyes were just racing to see what was coming next.
James L. Rubart has written a series of novels that probe the heart, mind and soul of readers.  Scripture is shared liberally through the pages, which helps the imagination picture the characters engaged in battle.  Though the battle is mainly spiritual, it is more.  Plus, the writing reminds me of how John wrote the book of Revelation.  We cannot fully comprehend or see what yet lies ahead in future, whether it is the next day or years from now; however, we can know within our hearts the One who holds all things together with a word!
A warrior is an apt description placed upon the characters that face the evil that is bent on destruction, not temporary but permanent.  It reminds those who continue in the adventure throughout this work of fiction that there really is a battle that cannot be seen with the eyes of flesh.  A spiritual battle rages around the characters in Memory’s Door, but it also is true in reality.  The author shares words of encouragement from the heart at the end that will help stir people beyond just enjoying the writing.  His desire is that we all come to know the Truth so that we can be free to live as He has meant us to live.
While I haven’t told you much of the plot, themes or other information most reviews tell you, I do hope it has stirred you to grab book one, Soul’s Gate, then its sequel, Memory’s Door.  Though what the author shares is purely fiction, it is a challenge to know the Truth of the Word of God, who we are in Him, who we battle and how we are to fight.  Are you ready to engage yourself into a work that is very different than perhaps something else you have read?  I sure hope so because you will never regret it!
My rating is 5+ stars!
Note:  I received a complimentary copy for an honest review of this book.  The opinions shared in this review are solely my responsibility.  Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/ .  Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457
Post a Comment

Popular Posts