Davis Bunn: UNlimited



Title:  Unlimited
Author:  Davis Bunn
Pages:  320
Year:  2013
Publisher:  B & H
This novel is captivating and has heart-racing adventure with every twist and turn in the plot!  As the author mentions, usually a movie is made from a published novel; here the opposite is true.  Davis Bunn writes a heart thumping suspense-filled thriller where the action takes place in Mexico, but that is not where the story begins as you will see when you read Unlimited.  There is a movie coming out by this title.  The preview can be seen here http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ilb6D6EDU74 and more information can be found at the website http://unlimitedthemovie.com/
I recently began reading the novel and was so engrossed that I lost all sense of time.  Then, I had to rest before continue the fast-paced action almost immediately.  In the plot of Unlimited, we learn of redemption, choices, regret, and sacrifice.  As I read, I began to think of one question that kept crossing my mind, “Would I continue to believe in someone even after the choice they made ruined my life?”  Is this question directly from the book?  No.  However, it points to the One who keeps reaching out to us and calling us to Himself even knowing what sinful thoughts, choices and words we have spoken.
Simon is a main character who leaves the United States to head south to Mexico apparently with only one objective in mind.  When he gets there, his life is nearly ended and he continues to be chased, threatened and more the closer Simon comes to discovering answers.  Answers to what questions?  Well, that depends on what question Simon is asking or in search of finding the courage to ask.  Sofia came from an orphanage that happens to be the same orphanage that needs major help just outside a Mexican city. 
Where the characters are concerned, no one is certain who to trust or who the enemy truly is because the enemy has learned to cover their true identity.  The orphanage is running out of funds, and the electricity is costly so it has been shut off many times.  Harold has given all he has to maintain the needs of the children, but now there is nowhere to turn for help.  Yet, Harold profusely lives out the biblical life of faith and teaches the same to the children.
Now you might read this review and see more cloaked information than you would like, but I don’t want to ruin the absolute joy of discovery in reading the novel by revealing all.  As a Davis Bunn fan, I am honestly sharing with you that this has been one of his best books to date!  Knowing that a movie is coming out soon with the story, characters, plot and even the same title, I cannot wait!  Whether it comes to a theatre near me or not, I will buy the DVD regardless.  Suspense, surprises and inspiration await you in Unlimited!
My raring is 5 stars!
Note:  I received a complimentary copy for an honest review of this book.  The opinions shared in this review are solely my responsibility.  Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/ .  Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457
Post a Comment

Popular Posts