Review of The Road Home





Title:  The Road Home (Apple Creek Dream series)
Author:  Patrick E. Craig
Pages:  368
Year:  2013
Publisher:  Harvest House
Once in awhile a novel or two comes along that just snags one’s attention and won’t let go until the very last page is turned and word is read.  The Road Home is just such a book.  For a long time I didn’t want to read books containing Amish stories as they were mostly for entertainment or it seemed like there were so many coming out at one time it was overwhelming.  So I decided not to read or review any books that contained anything referring to Amish until recently.  Since then, I have read a couple of extraordinary Amish novels that went deeper with the people, story and scenes.
The Road Home is uniquely written as mainly a mystery as one adopted young lady desires to find out about her past.  Her longing to know the truth is so deep within her soul that she sets out to locate her information.  Before this, Jenny is remembering her past in dreams and how she came to live on an Amish farm and be the only child.  When a young man enters her life “coincidentally” as Johnny thinks, the adventure takes off.
I think the adventure of the story both for many characters as well as deeper within the hearts of a few main players are what kept me reading to the wee hours of the morning.  Here you will see how choices made by others can at times affect families for generations, both right and wrong ones.  You will clearly see how God uses everything to bring us to Himself if we but humble ourselves and turn toward Him.
Throughout the book there are so many threads from various angles and characters one might wonder how the piece will look when finished.  I can tell you it was extremely encouraging, filled with hope and God’s message of salvation.  I found one theme showing us that whether young or old we can never stop learning, repenting and turning to the Lord.  Above all was the message that God always is in control whether we see Him clearly at the moment or later on.  He is always who He says He is!
I hope you will read this novel and find it speaking to your heart and mind.  I didn’t know about the first novel in the series, A Quilt for Jenna, so I didn’t read it.  I can tell you that this particular tale was worth reading all the way through from start to finish.  Also, I plan on sharing with a friend and perhaps you will too after you’re done reading it!
My rating is 5+ stars.
Note:  I received a complimentary copy for an honest review of this book.  The opinions shared in this review are solely my responsibility.  Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/ .  Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457
Post a Comment

Popular Posts