Monday, September 23, 2013

Stranded (Alaska Courage Series Book #3)



Title:  Stranded (Alaskan Courage Book #3)
Author:  Dani Pettrey
Pages:  352
Year:  2013
Publisher:  Bethany
Shattered and Submerged are the titles of the first two novels in this action-packed, suspense-filled thriller series written by Dani Pettrey.   Some might conclude the later novels would be boring or the story thin, but nothing could be further from the truth!  Here, the McKenna family is once again running their adventure business in Alaska.  Gage’s heart was broken years ago by the loss of his son and more.  Then, Darcy St. James enters the area and Gage’s life starts to get interesting.  However, progress can only happen if Gage lets go of his anger toward God, turns to the Lord and allows his heart to love again.
While the McKenna family works, plays and worships together, they each have unique personalities that blend well to make life interesting.  Abby is Darcy’s best friend from her past who calls and asks her to join her on a cruise in Alaska because of something Abby has discovered.  While Darcy loves writing, even though she has left undercover reporting, she finds the cry for help one she cannot resist.  As Darcy uncovers more information, what comes to light is far more than first perceived in the investigation.  The danger, risks and clues increase exponentially, bringing characters face to face with where their walk with the Lord is and Who is responsible for salvation.
Since I began reading this series, there has always been anticipation for a possible sequel to be published.  The suspense, romance, faith, thrills and chills that are some of the elements in the book kept me up late each time I began a book.  Alaska has always held my interest and someday I hope to visit the area.  With the scenes described in the writing, my heart really desires to see the land and meet the people.  The characters are in many ways representative of people I have known in various places with their seeking Him, returning to Him or coming to Him.  The joy of seeing faith, scripture and praying characters makes the novel rich in meaning. 
All I can say is read all three of the novels in order to gain the richness of the plot that begins in Shattered, continues in Submerged and now resides in Stranded.  I think readers will enjoy reading any of them without reading the others, but for me it was a richer experience since starting at the beginning.   I sure wonder what the author is going to do next.  I would be ecstatic to read another novel in the Alaskan Courage series.  Don’t miss the fun!
My rating is 5+ stars!
Note:  I received a complimentary copy for an honest review of this book.  The opinions shared in this review are solely my responsibility.  Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/ .  Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457


Post a Comment