Pretty is as Pretty Does Book 1 in Class Reunion Series by Abingdon!









Title:  Pretty is as Pretty Does (Class Reunion Series)
Author:  Debby Mayne
Pages:  304
Year:  2013
Publisher:  Abingdon Press
Debby Mayne has written a really enjoyable new series.  Be aware that the sequels will be reviewed soon as well!  Debbie is an exceptional author.  One of her stories is included in a book titled, Farmer’s Bride Collection that I reviewed recently and enjoyed it immensely.
Personally, I haven’t gone to a high school reunion, living in a different state plus we moved at the beginning of my junior year.  So with two high school experiences there weren’t a lot of friendships I built.  When I opened the novel, I wasn’t sure what I was going to experience or if I would be reading the sequels, Bless Her Heart and Tickled Pink.  I can tell you that I will be reading the sequels and other writings of Debby Mayne’s because her novels include a plethora of characters.
Each chapter is sharing the story from the character’s point of view, giving readers a clue as to how situations can be processed differently.  Priscilla is a successful business woman.  She doesn’t take the path her parents expected; therefore, getting approval from the home is difficult.  Trudy is concerned how people will see her as she is no longer married to the once captain of the school’s football team.  Laura and Pete were high school sweethearts who now have four kids and have been married for years.  Celeste was known as the proverbial wall flower until recently.
Besides facing the expectations they all once had in high school of themselves and each other, the search for who they really are is staring them in the face.  The town where they all went to school together was a small town and still is so word of the latest happenings in each other’s lives doesn’t take long to travel.  Now, ten years later, some are gathering for the reunion, but surprises are in store for many of the characters.
The novel is a light-hearted plus entertaining novel that doesn’t take very long to read and once in awhile you might even bust out with laughter!  The view of how the various people saw themselves in high school with the present was interesting as I am sure it is probably pretty close to reality for those who have actually gone to their reunions.  There isn’t much mention of faith, prayers or Scriptures in the novel, but don’t discount the value of simply enjoying a good story.
My rating is 4 stars.
Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
 Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/ .  Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457
Post a Comment

Popular Posts