The Journey of Josephine Cain









Title:  The Journey of Josephine Cain
Author:  Nancy Moser
Pages:  336
Year:  2013
Publisher:  Summerside Press
Nancy Moser’s novel, The Journey of Josephine Cain, is exceptionally written and so much history, romance, action, adventure and much more that I couldn’t book the down!  History is richly filled with events and people that provide plenty for writers to share tales for years to come.  Here is a story that begins with the assassination of a president and ends with the east meeting the west via a locomotive.
After war, emotions still ran high as the nation needed to heal and bind up the wounds that were still raw and bleeding.  Many lives were lost during our Civil War.  Families were torn asunder and some remained torn apart.  Josephine Cain was the only daughter of a Union General who lived in Washington, D.C. in a society that placed station as the utmost requirement for seeking marriage.  Yet, when the railroad was being built, the general was hired to see the job done that changed him.  Josephine went out to visit him as her mother was mourning the loss of her son.  After a year of it, all Josie wanted was freedom.
If you have ever read a historical novel set in the past, you know America was a melting pot of many people from many nations.  As such, some places in our nation had a hierarchy within society based on wealth.  Other places were wild and what mattered more was the character of the man or woman.  Living out in the West took courage and fortitude and definitely was not for the faint of heart!
In the pages of the book are many different characters that capture the attention and interest of readers.  I simply couldn’t put it down as many different plots were coming together to weave a tale that simply wouldn’t let go; it just begged me to finish.  I felt as if I had been transported to a time so different from today, and like I was experiencing the action through the eyes of the characters, mainly the female lead who was nicknamed Josie.
What fun it was to get lost and enjoy the book, and I hope you take time to read it as well!  Don’t miss out on this story!
My rating is 5 stars.
Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
 Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/ .  Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457
Post a Comment

Popular Posts