Thursday, November 7, 2013

Robin Lee Hatcher's novel: Beloved!



Title:  Beloved (Where the Heart Lives)
Author:  Robin Lee Hatcher
Pages:  304
Year:  2013
Publisher:  Zondervan
Wow!  Just finished a breathtaking story written by Robin Lee Hatcher and it is a superb read!  I read some time ago another novel by this author called, A Heart of Gold, which is one I highly recommend as well.  Both of these novels are rich with the threads of faith, redemption, and understanding how God sees us as His.
In Beloved, we read of another orphan train coming west with couples looking to adopt a child, taking them home that same day.  Hugh, Felicity and Diana are together on that train as three siblings who recently lost their mother.  With each stop, the tension grows within the little one’s stomach as they are sure to be split apart, fearing never seeing each other again.
Tyson Applegate is the sole heir of his father’s fortune, but he alone is also the recipient of the control exercised over him by Jeremiah Applegate.  Through meeting at an event, Diana and Tyson wed shortly thereafter; however, after returning home to introduce his new bride to his father, everyone’s lives were changed by one decision.  Years later, Tyson strolls into a room to stop an announcement even though no one knew he was coming or why.  Once again, as time presses on, lives are changed forever.
I don’t want to be sharing too much more of the tale with you because I don’t want to be spoiling the pure enjoyment of reading the adventure!  I can tell you that it was really easy to lose track of time as the climax kept getting more interesting with every page I turned.  In January 2014, Robin’s next novel, A Promise Kept, is due to be released and I cannot wait though I suspect I will have to.  Bummer, I do love a good story!
Well, with Christmas coming up this is one novel to give as a gift because it is very exciting as well as filled with adventure.  It is a book to perhaps curl up with once the snow starts flying along with temps dropping and a mug of hot cocoa.  However, if you can read it and enjoy it now, either way this is one to keep in your personal library to read again and again!
My rating is 5 stars!
Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
 Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/ .  Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457
Post a Comment