Monday, December 2, 2013

A Wild Goose Chase Christmas

Title: A Wild Goose Chase Christmas
Author:  Jennifer AlLee
Pages:  224
Year:  2012
Publisher:  Abingdon
Oh, wow!  Here is a very touching story that brings hope after the storms of life along with realizing where true treasure lies.  After losing her grandmother, Izzy finds herself part of a mystery, history and redeeming mistakes.  Brandon, who is Izzy’s brother, is seeking a fortune.  What happens once he has amassed a fortune?  Brandon and Izzy’s widowed mother has a rough exterior and is one who loves to play drama queen.  The three people named above who meant most to Gran are at odds with each other.  While they share a common history, their hearts aren’t as entwined as pieces of cloth can be to make a quilt.
I loved this heartwarming story that reminds readers how the faith of those who have gone before us can still impact lives in the present.  I was reminded of Abraham and how he lived by faith like so many others; yet, he saw the fulfillment of God’s promise in the distance too!  In this fictional tale, Gran is the fictional representation of seeing in the future without being around when it becomes a reality.
What a nice novel to read, share and maybe wrap a copy up to put underneath the Christmas tree for a loved one or friend.  Truly, you don’t want to miss out on reading a fantastic tale in A Wild Goose Chase Christmas.
My rating is 5 stars.
Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
 Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/ .  Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457


Post a Comment