Sunday, December 15, 2013

Grave Consequences



Title:  Grave Consequences (The Grand Tour Series #2)
Author:  Lisa T. Bergren
Pages:  430
Year:  2013
Publisher:  David C. Cook
Grave Consequences picks up right where Glamorous Illusions left off.  It seems like the reader is just turning the page to go to the next chapter instead of starting a new book.  With the beginning of a new book, the setting is still France; however, the group has left Paris and travels to Provence.  They also travel to Geneva, Vienna and Venice during this portion of their tour.
Cora seems wishy-washy in this installment.  I didn’t like how she treated Will and what he had at stake if he pursued their relationship.  I also found it hard to believe that she thinks after this tour of Europe among the rich and famous she is just going to go back to college, complete her teaching degree and get a teaching job.  She has had a taste of the finest life has to offer and I think she is kidding herself that she will be able to just give it up and pick up her old life easily.  A man like Wallace Kensington always has his own interests held first and is at home being in control.  Can Cora stand up to him to get the life she wants?  Is she really a part of the Kensington family or does she just share their name?
I enjoyed the first book in this series, but this second book seemed to drag.  It easily could have been shortened by 50-75 pages and would have taken nothing away from the storyline.  There were some suspenseful moments.  I still enjoyed reading about all the different places visited and liked the author’s descriptive words, allowing me to imagine what these places might have looked like.  The details depicted make me want to travel to some of these places.  The third book in the series, Glittering Promises has just been released and will be reviewed here soon.  I want to read the third book to see how the lives of these characters pan out.  I hope in this last book in the series the plot moves faster and is less wordy.
My rating is 3 stars.
Note:  I received a complimentary copy for an honest review of this book.  The opinions shared in this review are solely my responsibility.  Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/ .  Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457
Post a Comment