Thursday, January 16, 2014

American Sniper **Memorial Edition**


Title:  American Sniper **Memorial Edition**
Author:  Chris Kyle, Scott McEwen, Jim DeFelice
Pages:  480
Year:  10/2013
Publisher:  Wm. Morrow
American Sniper is about Chris Kyle, a Navy SEAL, who was the most deadly sniper in Iraq.  He tells of his childhood, his growing love for guns, and his desire to serve in the military.  His time in BUD/S, the hardships he endured as a soldier in Iraq, and the hardships he endured as a man at home in the States are also recounted.  How he met his wife, Taya, and how the “rough spots” in their relationship strengthened their marriage are shared as well.  He tells of the impact war had on him, physically and psychologically.  He loved what he did, but eventually made changes in his life for his wife and kids, but he still did some service for his fellow soldiers.  He and some friends created Craft International to help train Special Forces units and police units.  Chris was murdered at a gun range last year.
Chris lived a warrior’s life and loved what he did, watching his buddies’ backs and killing insurgents to save countless lives.  I’d like to thank Chris for his service and his sacrifice.  I’d like to also thank his wife Taya for her fortitude and support for Chris.  I’m glad you two lived as happily as any couple can in this world.  My prayers are with you and your kids.  May God, in all His wisdom and mercy, walk you through the tough times and joyous times for the rest of your life and bless you always.  God bless you too, Chris and thanks again.  (Salute)!
My rating 5 stars.
Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
 Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/ .  Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457


Post a Comment