Beowulf



Title:  Beowulf (Explosives Detection Dog) (A Breed Apart Series Book #3)
Author:  Ronnie Kendig
Pages:  320
Year:  2014
Publisher:  Barbour
Let me say something I usually say at the end of a review when I have thoroughly enjoyed a book…don’t miss reading this series!  While the series started with Trinity, and continued with Talon, then ending with Beowulf and can be read as stand alone, I believe readers will appreciate the storyline more if all three books are read in order.
The author gives us a glimpse into military life along with its’ dangers and ever presents threats, as well as telling us how the military trains handlers and their dogs.  In this particular tale, we watch the ever-growing thread of romance between two team members that started in Trinity.  The sparks that fly between the two are both funny and exciting to read.  On a wider scale, the audience will watch as a terrorist is slowly planning revenge against the Great Satan.  While this man is bent on destruction, he also mentors a young orphan he randomly picks and then the hatred begins to blossom out of control for both man and boy.
One characteristic I really appreciated the author having as part of her characters’ personalities and lives is being a Christian.  The way she crafts her characters makes them appear as real people, flawed and all, not perfect or unreal.  Another positive for the series is that each book ends with a story about real servicemen who are also dog handlers.  The readers can act to support these special people and families as well as four-legged friends as different foundations are shared to help the audience have a concrete way to help those who serve.
While I am sorry to see this series close, I look expectantly to the next book from this author, Raptor 6, coming out in May 2014 that starts off a new series.  I want to thank the author and anyone who shows support in various ways to our servicemen and women all over the world and to those who are the unknown heroes.  Where would America be today without our brave military and the sacrifice their families make every time they are called to serve?
My rating is 5+ stars.
Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
 Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/ .  Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457
Post a Comment

Popular Posts