Friday, January 24, 2014

Dare to Love Again


Title:  Dare to Love Again (The Heart of San Francisco Book #2)
Author:  Julie Lessman
Pages:  416
Year:  2014
Publisher:  Revell
In Julie Lessman’s enjoyable Heart of San Francisco series, readers will be enthralled with the tension between some of the main characters.  Readers will also find themselves laughing at some of the remarks that pass between Allison McClare and a certain detective named Nick Barone.  Most of the story, along with the cast, is a continuation from book #1 in the series, Love at Any Cost; yet some of the cast is new which brings new dynamics plus a hint of some mystery.
What thrills me most is the way the friendships that begin between some of the cousins like Cassie and Allison deepen even more as their faith is tested.  The matriarch of the family, Clare, has her lifelong dream fulfilled when a school that borders on the farthest street of the Barbary Coast is opened to teach and reach girls of all ages.  There is an orphanage that is run by an older lady with a faith that is stalwart.  She has no qualms about confronting a certain young man who is renting a room about the state of his faith at the moment and what is the reasoning behind it.
Within the blooming romance of a teacher at the school and a reluctant handyman, there lies a little 6-year-old girl whose innocence will cause sudden outbursts of laughter when reading her understanding of certain words.  It didn’t take me long to read the book because of the humor, romance, faith and trust.  Trust is a word Clare would love to attach to a man named Logan, but can she after all the times he has broken her heart?
Mrs. Lessman has penned a tale based in the early 1900s in the heart of San Francisco that many will find a pure joy to read.  I know the cover of the first book isn’t what captured my interest as much as the description of the story within the pages.  Here, in book number two, the novel goes even deeper into the lives of the characters and shows us sometimes how hard it is to trust God, especially when we are hurting or angry.
I personally cannot wait for book three of the series to be released to see how the author may bring conclusion to the ongoing drama.  So, grab both novels and be prepared to be entertained and perhaps busting out in laughter as the fiction unfolds.  I know I had a blast reading both and I am sure you will too!
My rating is 5 stars.
Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

 Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/.  Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457
Post a Comment