Scraps of Evidence



Title:  Scraps of Evidence
Author:  Barbara Cameron
Pages:  240
Year:  2014
Publisher:  Abingdon
A day with good book, a warm blanket and a heart filled with thanks…what more can a woman desire?  While I am sure the list of what woman desire is endless and varied, here is one novel that can be read within a short amount of time and thoroughly enjoyed.  Many quilt stories have been published within the last year and more are planned for this year, too.  Some may think that tales that somehow involve quilts might get old, but the unique aspect is that each story is written by a different author with different plots.
Since high school, Tess has worked at becoming a detective because of a traumatic experience on her prom night.  Once she made the grade and was a detective, she now has to meet her new partner from Chicago.  Lance is a seasoned officer who begins to notice signs that might help solve some of the cold cases in the state of Florida.  Both Tess and Lance have been estranged from God because of their anger toward Him.  Now they are beginning to heal from their hearts wounds.  Will they ever learn to see God’s plan and His love for them again?
I love novels with suspense and mystery, throw in some detectives or lawyers and I am hooked!  Barbara Cameron writes a story that will bring enjoyment and thrills to readers’ hearts.  Seeing how the case began building along with the author showing through a couple of the characters that God still loves us even when we are angry at Him was a masterful touch.  I loved how she portrayed the ripple effect that happens when loved ones are taken from us.  Add to all that a touch of romance, along with some great food described and who can help but read the adventure!  Though I must say, I am not a fish eater J.
My rating is 4 stars.
Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
 Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/ .  Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457

Post a Comment

Popular Posts