Thursday, January 2, 2014

The LIE by C. N. Bring



Title:  The Lie (The Celia Kelly Series Book #2)
Author:  C. N. Bring
Pages:  282
Year:  2013
Publisher:  Bad Day Books
Right from the start, the reader will get a sense that something dark looms right around the corner!  Commander Celia Kelly has to endure a new inept President and his broken family.  While the President’s family looks happy on the outside of the White House, inside the home everyone can see and feel the difference.  On top of that, there seems to be someone orchestrating orders that are supposed to be coming from the President.  As a result, David Sheen is taken prisoner and now Celia has to try a rescue mission.  While the situation brews in Turkey regarding the taking captive of an American, David Sheen, Celia and her team are trying to plan a mission with as few knowing as possible.  As she enters a hotel, she is greeted by a UN military member who is there to help or is he?  Danger is heightened when Celia takes down an assailant in her bedroom as she sleeps.  On the other side of the ocean, the FBI is investigating a 6-year-old cold case that is somehow tied to the First Lady.  To complicate matters are the trails assaulting one of the team’s own spouses, along with a diagnosis that brings happy news with an unexpected twist.
Within the pages of the tale the plot thickens, the questions multiply and while time is marching on the locating of the money and leaders of the PACT continues.  With expert skill, the author weaves a heart-pounding suspense-filled thriller that will keep you reading until the very last page.  I can see why authors hate to end a series because they are so entwined with them.  As a reader, I hated to see one character from the first book not continue, but love how the faith of the commander affects her team.
The story is told with a ton of realism sprinkled throughout, like losing a team member or learning to pay more attention to the character and not the words of politicians.  I loved how the audiences within the story came to realize that the Lord is in control and to recognize the bravery of the servicemen and women who put their lives on the line to protect.  I was so caught up in the story that it wasn’t until later that I realized I had forgotten to take care of something; I was that engaged!
Being an avid reader gives me the opportunity to enjoy and explore writing styles and various plots, themes and places.  Cindy Bring presents to her readers an authentic tale that engages the heart and mind of readers.  I found it hard to put down even when I was finished because I wanted more, more of the action and thrills.  I promise you will not regret it if you read and share copies of The PACT & The LIE with family, friends, neighbors or coworkers.
My rating is 5+ stars!
Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”  Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/.  Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457
Post a Comment