The PACT by C. N. Bring



Title:  The PACT (The Celia Kelly Series Book #1)
Author:  C. N. Bring
Pages:  322
Year:  2013
Publisher:  Bad Day Books
One never knows what is in store as a reader until they begin opening the cover of a book then the journey of discovery begins!  Cindy Bring is a new author to me.  Readers can go to her website and look around to learn about her along with her writing at http://www.cnbring.org/.  Writing is not all that Cindy does, which you will discover as you explore her website.
I find it hard to put into words what exactly I wish to share with you about The PACT so that I don’t spoil it for you adventurers before you’ve even started!  Celia Kelly is in the Navy and has worked her way through the chain of command to reach her current rank of Commander.  Being a widow for four years, it has never entered Kelly’s heart to wed again.  For her, the Navy is her life.  Until this last assignment, when her world literally was changing on every front with her never knowing exactly who she could trust.  Everything started with the death of a fellow friend and officer.  Now, Celia is given an assignment to locate a group known as the PACT along with recovering millions of dollars.  Not only that, she must locate the multitude of weapons bought, stored and ready to use against the Unites States.  What complicates the matter is discovering the identities of those involved in the theft and exactly how far up the chain of command it goes within the military and the government.  She must also decipher who is clearly working for or against the PACT.
Now, if that isn’t enough to whet your appetite to read the book, let me tell you this, C. N. Bring has more to share with the audience in her books than anyone can shake a stick at!  Just as I thought I knew who was working for or against whom, another twist in the plot would throw me off course.  Then, as I turned a page, the danger, action and adventure the characters were going through was off the charts!  As a fan of intrigue, military, governments and nations along with dangerous assignments, these facets in this work of fiction all work together to make it a masterpiece!
The novel is written so that readers can experience a multitude of events without losing pace with the developing story.  I almost didn’t want to finish the book because I would have to move on to locate another novel when I was so captivated by The PACT.  Also, it is not written so everything is wrapped up in a pretty bow at the end, but to see how this book does end you must first start reading.  So reading enthusiast, grab a copy to read and maybe share one as a gift because Bring writes a novel that is outstanding!
My rating is 5+ stars.
Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
 Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/.  Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457
Post a Comment

Popular Posts