The 13: Stand

Title:  The 13: STAND
Author:  Robbie Cheuvront & Erik Reed with Shawn Allen
Pages:  320
Year:  10/2013
Publisher:  Barbour
In The 13:  FALL readers are introduced to a political, military and financial situation that wreaks havoc, chaos and death in the United States.  When the first book ends, it is with a cliffhanger with no indication of how the story is going to progress in the sequel, The 13:  STAND.  One of the hard parts of writing this review is not giving too much away in case you haven’t read the first book.  However, what I can tell you is that between these two books is one huge story that will cause readers to reassess their spiritual life or if they even have a relationship with God.
In this sequel, the tension begins to ebb and flow many times throughout the pages, and the ending is a masterful stroke of pure genius.  Throughout the book, readers will follow The Prophet’s actions as led by God speaking His Truth as he is directed.  Along with following Prophet the political fallout when America is in the hands of the enemy, but not all of the land is captive.  With various leads and threats, the intelligence agency and FBI work in tandem to uncover a threat of far greater concern than those who have invaded.
The best part for me besides all the action and adventure, climaxes and such is the element of faith woven so that it must be examined by each character personally because it affects the nation.  I thought that was a huge thumbs up for the writers because it shows that while we may not see how individual faith affects the health of a nation, it does nonetheless.
Personally, I enjoyed the novel though I did feel convicted about not being as faithful in prayer for our nation as I need to be.  I thank God that He reminded me that if we repent and confess our sins, He forgives us, and the same is true for nations.  Right now America is in bad shape; there is no doubt about it.  What is worse though is the spiritual health or lack thereof in America.  The novel drives home the point that God is still on the throne and in control, and we have free will to choose to obey Him and seek His face or not.
The 13:  FALL & The 13:  STAND are both filled with suspense and heart stopping action.  The way the authors ended the story is priceless.  Read the books and see what you come away with.  While this is fiction, God spoke to my heart and maybe He will speak to yours too.
My rating is 5+ stars!
Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

 Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/ .  Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457
Post a Comment

Popular Posts