The Dream Dress (Weddings by Design Book #3)

Title:  The Dream Dress (Wedding by Design Book #3)
Author:  Janice Thompson
Pages:  336
Year:  2014
Publisher:  Revell
Each novel in the Weddings by Design series includes many comedic scenes written with flair by the author, Janice Thompson.  Each book centers on a particular female character along with her specialty in the wedding business.  The titles alone give a clue to the story written in the pages.  For instance, The Icing on the Cake and Picture Perfect now join the latest publication, The Dream Dress.  These unique tales have chapter titles that coincide with the theme of a particular part of weddings.  Here, in the third book, the chapter titles are from Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers’ movies with some of the quotes underneath are from Fred or Ginger’s life.
Light-hearted, faith-filled and family centered are the various threads that are woven in stories.  They draw the audience in as the main Person all the books point too is the Lord.  The humility of the main family featured in all the books, who runs a wedding business, is inspiring as they never lose sight that sharing about the Lord is foremost what they are called to do.  Some of the characters don’t understand the nuances of a faith where talking to God is like talking to a friend even though no one sees Him.  In this story, Gabrielle is being drawn to the love of God and because of Him she learns what can bring freedom to her captured heart.
At times I would burst out laughing either at the antics in the novel or it would remind me of something funny in my own wedding and married life.  Each character is written by the tender heart of their creator/author.  None of them are perfect in anyway which makes the book more alluring.  Once in a while I enjoy these light-hearted, entertaining tales because they lighten my heart when real life can sometimes be very hard.
I hope you take time to read all three novels in the Weddings by Design series because you will absolutely enjoy them.  You will come away with a bigger appreciation and knowledge of how much God loves and knows each and every part of you.  When I turned the last page, I already began wondering if there would be another in the series along with who the main characters might be.  So let you imagination fly as well as your heart!
My rating is 5 stars.

Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”  Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/ .  Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457
Post a Comment

Popular Posts