Tuesday, February 25, 2014

The Thief by Stephanie Landsem

Title:  The Thief (A Novel)
Author:  Stephanie Landsem
Pages:  368
Year:  2014
Publisher:  Howard Books
The Thief is a novel unlike any book I have ever read.  Here is a fictional tale that will surely keep your heart racing and eyes reading line after line.  Why?  For me, the characters are a faint reflection of the various people who live today all around the globe.  The way the author describes the scenes so richly painted with her words made me feel as if I were in the crowd watching the events unfold.
No matter how long one has followed the Lord one thing for sure is that all mankind looks for that which only Jesus did so we may have forgiveness.  While there are those who mock Him in this story set in the past, there are people who still mock the reality of Christianity today.  The novel has traitors and thieves, basically sinful people from many heritages.  Today, we see sinful people everywhere.  In fact, if we are honest with ourselves, we need only look in the mirror to find one.  Throughout the book, Stephanie Landsem shows the truth through the men, women and children readers will come to know.
The depth of the soul’s cry for forgiveness, peace, love and security can be found and much more in the fact of the death and resurrection of Jesus.  The story shows the different ways some of the characters meet Jesus as well as their choice to believe or not to believe in Him.  It was like witnessing first hand just a fraction of what Jesus was put through for me and for all who would humble themselves.  The hope on the faces of those who chose Him in the book, I believe to be a part of reality because we don’t live as those who have no hope.
Along the way there is a budding romance that is richly painted as I got to read the thoughts of the characters as they met.  As I kept turning pages, engrossed in the building tension leading to the climax, I felt thankfulness well within my heart at the conclusion of The Thief.  The way scenes were written was as if I traveled back in time to ancient Jerusalem.  This is a most stunning novel written powerfully with the touch of a master’s pen, one who knows firsthand the deep truth of redemption along with the love of our Savior.  Please read and share the book with others.  I believe it will touch the hearts along minds of many readers!
My rating is 5+ stars.
Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

 Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/ .  Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457
Post a Comment