Monday, April 21, 2014

A Sensible Arrangement by Tracie Peterson (Lone Star Brides #1)



Title:  A Sensible Arrangement (Lone Star Brides #1)
Author:  Tracie Peterson
Pages:  336
Year:  2014
Publisher:  Bethany House
To one and all I am happy to share with you this review of Tracie Peterson’s 100th book.  Congratulations to the author!  Here is a brand new series that begins with the introduction of two characters, Marty, who is a young widow living in Texas and Jake, living in Denver, but born in Texas.  Jake’s highest dream is to return to his beloved place of birth, but he has to work in a bank to save money to purchase a ranch.  Marty is a young woman who without forethought or prayer answers an ad Jake places for a Texas wife, both parties agreeing it is in name only.
The setting is the late 1800s, and there is a mystery along with the romance and how Jake and Marty are struggling in their faith due to deep heart wounds.  To make it seem safe, both appear to put boundaries on their relationship.  Will it indeed work to protect their hearts from further devastation?  In the tale, other characters are introduced that are of a mixed fashion.  For instance, a couple of the high society people don’t care a whit about those less fortunate.  While others like Jake’s servants seem to be examples of faith and trust as they have learned to hold loosely to the things of this earth.
My favorite novels by Tracie are her Alaskan series which now share a place in my heart with this new series.  I wondered the further along I read if the conclusion was going to end up with the story being developed to a point like a well-wrapped gift.  While I won’t tell you how it ends, I can share that I thought it was a great ending!
I loved how no matter what station in life mankind has here on earth the soul questions and the deepest of heart longings know no boundaries.  The characters are like a reflection of many people we might know in any society.  The heart longs to be loved and not rejected; more so, within all hearts God wants us to know Him individually.  When life rips away the ones we love or things we hold dear, how do we react or respond?  As you are introduced to some of the interesting characters in the novel, don’t be surprised if one of them might remind you of someone.  I loved this book and can’t wait for the next novel to be released in June 2014 titled, A Moment in Time.
My rating is 5 stars.
Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
 Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/ .  Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457
Post a Comment