Saturday, April 19, 2014

In the President's Service #3: Blood Brother



Title:  Blood Brother (In the Presidents Service #3)
Author:  Ace Collins
Pages:  103 (e-book Only)
Year:  2014
Publisher:  Elk Lake Publishing
Note:  I received a complimentary copy for an honest review of this book from www.bookfun.org
Ace Collins could and does make this story build with intensity and suspense, introducing new twists and turns in the plot.  Now in the third installment Helen Meeker is severely wounded and not expected to live even if the doctors can find someone with her B- blood type.  The Third Reich is using humans for guinea pigs in order to be able to build super soldiers who would heal completely at a remarkable rate when wounded.  Helen is in need of a miracle as evil seems to be progressing on the war front.  At the White House, the discovery of a mole infiltration sets everyone under a microscope until he or she is removed.
Not all of the characters are working for the benefit or destruction of a nation as some are using the chaos war brings for selfish benefit.  As I read the tale, it kept me guessing as to what was happening not only because of characters’ actions or words, but sometimes it was what the author wasn’t revealing that happened to certain players.  The sacrifice called upon by the president in the story wasn’t happening overseas or on the home front, but in ways many people didn’t know of in this fictional plot.
I don’t want to spoil the series for you, but one thing I will say is when a new major turn of events happens that puts the very foundation of American government at risk, I sure was surprised!  I never anticipated or thought of that angle to the plot; it was not just amazing, but in my opinion raised the climax of the episodes up several notches.
All I can say is don’t miss reading In the President’s Service #1, Dark Pool #2 or Blood Brother #3 and anticipate further episodes coming soon!
My rating is 5+ stars.
Note: The opinions shared in this review are solely my responsibility.  Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/ .  Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457
Post a Comment