A Stitch and a Prayer

Title:  A Stitch and a Prayer
Author:  Eva Gibson
Pages:  240
Year:  2014
Publisher:  Abingdon
When I began reading the tale, I simply couldn’t put it down until the very end as there is a mystery woven within the learning to wait on God.  The main female character, Florence, has a physical ailment that not only brings pain but emotional hardship as she cannot imagine being able to handle the duties of being a wife.  Will continues to assure her of his love and his choosing her to be his wife and the mother of their children.
Will asks Florence to wait to be married.  Then, after they are married, it seems Will disappears for long hours.  When he comes home in the evening, she is overjoyed as her illness keeps her from doing normal chores.  Now, there is a threat to their married life and Will must leave without knowing when he will return.
I found the story really interesting and spellbinding for many reasons.  First, is the love the couple has for each other.  Then, there is Will loving Florence even when he knows her health at times may mean she will need care.  Above all is the learning to draw near to God and believe even when there is no communication between the couple for several months.  My heart was deeply touched by the foresight Florence’s mother had before she was even born.  Florence’s mother leaves behind written treasures that speak to Florence about her mother’s heart and faith.   The quilt in the story was especially touching along with how it was passed from generation to generation, sometimes for the next one to complete or do as much work as possible on the piece.  The quilt in this story speaks of life, faith and life.  I hope you grab a copy, read and enjoy.  This is a great story not to be kept to oneself, but to shared and remembered.
My rating is 5 stars.
Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

 Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/ .  Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457
Post a Comment

Popular Posts