Beneath a Navajo Moon

Title:  Beneath a Navajo Moon
Author:  Lisa Carter
Pages:  336
Year:  2014
Publisher:  Abingdon Press
What would draw someone to pick up this particular book?  Would it be the cover, the title, the author or the synopsis of the story on the back?  For me, it was both the cover as well as the title that drew my eyes to the book and my desire to read the tale within.  Being an avid reader I wondered what story the author would share concerning the Navajo, knowing that they were the Code Talkers of WW II.
The novel contains many facets like a mystery within a mystery, romance, spiritual warfare, healing of family bonds, and much more.  Intermittently readers will incur flashbacks, giving glimpses of Olivia who at one time was a captured white woman from a mission school in the early 1900s.  Erin Dawson is working on her final project for school by researching the history of the Navajo people, but she is also there to try and solve a mystery.  Erin’s pursuit consumes her as she reads various parts of Olivia’s journal that speak to Erin’s heart; it speaks of adventure and sharing Jesus with the Navajo.
Adam works as a police officer on the reservation, having served overseas in the military.  His past keeps him from following what he refers to as the white man’s God.  Erin wants to know more from Adam about his people, but as a possible romance blossoms the battle for Adam’s soul heightens as his grandfather wants Adam to join his wicked gang.  More colorful characters help frame an exciting adventure filled with danger, mystery and intrigue.
The descriptions of the area help readers imagine what beauty the area contains and what danger is lurking within.  I loved the book; it captivated my heart and mind, especially when various twists and turns in the plot came out of the blue.  The author is bringing to her audience another book this fall titled, Under a Turquoise Sky, which I cannot wait to read.  The writings have a unique flavor that mixes history with modern day issues people face, and she pulls it together to make a fascinating tale that cannot be put down!  Audiences will really enjoy getting lost in the mystery and history as well as the power of God’s love and prayers offered for the salvation of a loved man.  Don’t miss reading Lisa Carter’s latest book and look forward to sharing it with others.  My personal thanks to the Navajo Code Talkers and their families for their service during WW II; you all are heroes to me.
My rating is 5+.
To purchase at Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Beneath-Navajo-Moon-Lisa-Carter/dp/1426757999/ref=la_B00BF1FGPC_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1399053329&sr=1-1 Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

 Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/ .  Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457
Post a Comment

Popular Posts