Mom's Night Out Novelization

Title:  A Mom’s Night Out (A Novelization)
Author:  Tricia Goyer
Pages:  272
Year:  2014
Publisher:  B & H Books
I read this on Mother’s Day.  The moment I began the book the laughter burst forth!  As I kept progressing through the tale, the laughs just kept coming as I could relate to the way a young mom feels when overwhelmed and feeling a loss of identity.  One of my biggest thumbs up for this book is the truth it reveals in each of the main three women’s lives.
One is a stay-at-home mom with three very young children.  Her husband travels constantly as part of his job requirements.  Another is a pastor’s wife whose daughter is in her teen years.  She feels the pressure of always having an “I’ve got it together” look and being available to listen to others problems.  Finally there is a young mom with twins who finds out she is pregnant again, and her husband can’t seem to handle easy care taking tasks of the two children she has now.
A night out for these three moms is arranged; their plan is to go out to a very nice restaurant, have a meal without cutting up someone else’s food or having to be concerned for their babies for just one meal.  Seems simple enough don’t you think?  From there, the adventure, laughs and truth each woman needs to know about themselves, their faith and more is revealed in some hilarious situations.  At one point in my reading I came to a sober reminder that not all of what we think of others or ourselves may be true; it is when we spend time with each other that our hearts can become known.  While that can be frightening, it can also be freeing.  The night doesn’t go as planned, but God’s hand is in it all along.  The preconceived ideas are replaced by who each woman really is.  Their friendship deepens more as well as their love for each other.
I can’t say what might impress you or cause you to burst out laughing, but you will laugh!  I found encouragement as one husband tells his wife that her job is important and with that profound statement the impact made on the character’s heart.  Each Mother’s Day for me is special as my husband and sons make sure I enjoy the day and know just how much I am loved and appreciated.  You are loved and dear to God first and hopefully you have some people around you that encourage you as a woman, along with all the other hats you may wear!  Read the book for yourself and give a copy to someone whom you know will appreciate the truths and laughter written in the pages.
My rating is 5 stars.


Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

 Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/ .  Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457
Post a Comment

Popular Posts