Wednesday, May 7, 2014

One Perfect Spring by Irene Hannon



Title:  One Perfect Spring
Author:  Irene Hannon
Pages:  384
Year:  2014
Publisher:  Revell
Haley is a young girl who writes a letter hoping to surprise her neighbor with a very special birthday gift hopefully funded by a foundation owned by David, a widower.  David believes his young associate at work would benefit from looking into this young girl’s request.  Keith reluctantly takes the time to chase down leads in the hopes of fulfilling the request posed in Haley’s letter.
While this novel definitely has romance in it as shown on the cover, there is more depth to the tale than simply romance per se; it includes forgiveness, faith, love and trust to name a few, as well as how broken lives can not only be repaired by God, but look brand new.  Irene Hannon’s writings are filled with tantalizing plots, including this recent book.
Hope was the overall general feeling to the novel, but there were some surprises in the story line I never saw coming.  In fact, quite a few times, I thought I had the ending figured out, but was surprised at each new direction the plot took.  There is the reality that past mistakes even when forgiven by God and anyone else, need time for others to once again believe a relationship is possible.  The real idea of working through past issues was one theme I really appreciated portrayed in the characters’ lives.
I enjoyed how young Haley had such a childlike faith and wisdom that spoke to the heart of her mother who had been through some hard times.  I loved how Keith decided to face his past perceptions of his birth mother and learn the truth he couldn’t have known when he was so young.  The novel is not just entertaining, but also food for thought and not so heavy as to weigh down the joyful experience of reading another Hannon book.
For me, what keeps Irene Hannon’s books exceptional is the hope infused in every page, so that when I am done my heart is light again.  To give God the center stage in the book is a true stroke of genius whether the players are solid in their relationship or struggling.  God is always there to redeem the past, lighten our loads and give us hope regardless of our sins and the decisions we sometimes wish we could change.  God uses all things to transform us more into the image of Jesus if we are willing.  Works of fiction such as this remind us of these truths.
My rating is 5 stars.


Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
 Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/ .  Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457
Post a Comment