Persecuted

Title:  Persecuted (I Will Not Be Silent)
Author:  Robin Parrish & Daniel Lusko
Pages:  320
Year:  2014
Publisher:  Bethany House
While this is a fictional story, it is not a futuristic one or one for the faint of heart.  My first impression as I read was how in some ways the story reflects in a broad sense the many issues our nation is struggling with right now and Christians loss as to what to do.  On 07/18/14, a film with be released with the same title and you can learn more by visiting a website http://www.persecutedmovie.com.
The forward alone will challenge many to be thinking as they read the book, asking questions in light of current events in relation to the novel.  The main protagonist is a highly valued evangelist named John Luther who runs a ministry, but doesn’t compromise the truth.  The stand John takes on a particular bill before Congress puts him diametrically opposed to many well-financed and highly influential people.  When the wheels are set in motion to take down his life and ministry, it is like the gates of Hell have been thrown wide open.  What results will keep the audience turning pages for hours!
The one thread I find most interesting is how easily it seems many are influenced by news, political figures and more without comparing it to the Word.  Even though the evangelist gives them biblical truth and points to the Bible as the book that has the answers, it seems as though so few seek the truth for themselves.  Therefore, when John is hunted down for alleged crimes, some characters have already turned their backs on him and his ministry.
The action taking place kept my pulse racing as one antagonist was vaguely referred to as Mr. Gray, but whose true identity didn’t come to light till the end.  In the conclusion, we see how characters are changed in that they grow closer to the Lord and each other; yet, some seem to move forward still blind, deaf and dumb to the truth.  The book is an amazing work and I suspect the movie will be as well, focusing on the main point of coming to a personal decision of standing up for Christ or being silent. For me, I pray that God will continue to grant me the ability to be bold and unashamed of Him and the gospel no matter what threats might be made to silence me now or in the future.
My rating is 5+ stars.
Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

 Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/ .  Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457
Post a Comment

Popular Posts