Forever Amish



Title:  Forever Amish (Legacy of Lancaster Trilogy #3)
Author:  Kate Lloyd
Pages:  368
Year:  2014
Publisher:  David C. Cook
When I first began the book, I felt as if I was entering a mystery and the father along I got into the story the deeper the mystery.  The first two books of the trilogy are Leaving Lancaster followed by Pennsylvania Patchwork, both by the same author.  My preferred genres don’t normally include Amish novels as they can be published at an overkill rate or some I have reviewed lacked any depth.  However, Kate Lloyd’s trilogy has been an exception and they are great stories to enjoy.
In the final installment, Sally is contacted by a young girl in the Amish community who is interested in buying the special breed of dog she breeds.  However, it becomes apparent that Lizzie contacted Sally for reasons no one seems willing to share.  Sally’s fiancée has been unconcerned for Sally’s father’s health or anything that matters to Sally including finding her mother.  It seems Sally’s father, who she lovingly refers to as Pops, is withholding information and is unwilling or unable to tell about the past that might help Sally come to terms about living without a mother.  When Sally gets into the Amish community, the story really begins to take off with twists and turns in the plot that keep readers glued to the book for hours.
The tale is very enjoyable to read, and the characters deal with many obstacles, joys and sorrows.  The descriptions of scenes are breathtaking and easy to imagine.  One aspect in this trilogy was how the community of both Amish and English people came together and worked side by side in all types of occasions.  While there were some characters who didn’t want to be associating with anyone who wasn’t Amish, it made the tale more believable.  I hope you make time to read, enjoy and share the trilogy Kate Lloyd wrote.  If you do, maybe drop me a note and tell me if you liked one of the books more than the others.
My rating is 5 stars.
Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
 Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/ .  Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457
Post a Comment

Popular Posts