The Heart's Pursuit



Title:  The Heart’s Pursuit
Author:  Robin Lee Hatcher
Pages:  320
Year:  2014
Publisher:  Zondervan
Westerns…man how I love this genre for many reasons.  Not that I believe living during that time was all roses or characters were like the writers craft their fictional creations.  My Nana was a huge fan of Louis L’Amour, which I have inherited and read.  Each novelist brings a story to life mainly through the use of the wonderful gift of imagination that God has blessed them with, and then they share stories with us. Robin Lee Hatcher’s recent novel was just the right amount of romance, adventure, and action with a touch of realistic characters in different situations.
The Heart’s Pursuit is easily enjoyed in an afternoon of reading in one’s favorite chair with a cold iced tea or whatever, perhaps sitting outside enjoying the beauty of the day.  Time seemed to have flown by as I was lost in the two main characters, Silver Matlock and Jared Newman.  Silver is the older of two daughters who is strong-willed, knows her own mind and occasionally rushes head long into trouble.  Jared is a man bent on a single mission, to exact revenge upon an unseen assailant who stole the life of his parents and little sister.
Now, they are both on the trail to capture Silver’s ex-fiancé who not only left her at the altar, but also stole her parent’s money that was going to pay off debts.  Jared is hired as a bounty hunter by Silver to capture the ex-fiancé before he spends the money that unless returned will make her family destitute.
Robin Lee Hatcher is one of my favorite authors whose many tales I have enjoyed before and can now include this novel in my collection.  I liked the tension the author built into the plot line that was running on a couple of different fronts.  There was a constant chase and almost coming close to catching the man who took her parents life savings.  Another form of tension is between Silver and Jared as they have to come to a place each within their own hearts of being open to love.
The novel was a nicely paced and gentle story to read with an ability to place the marker in the book if need be, and then know right where I was when I resumed.  The reason for this is because the chapters were short, making it easy to take a break if need be.  This is an enjoyable, well-written western adventure that will leave the audience waiting for the next story that flows from the pen of Robin Lee Hatcher.  Perhaps the next book cover the publisher uses will be better suited to the tale. J
My rating is 4 stars.
Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
 Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/ .  Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457
Post a Comment

Popular Posts