A Time to Every Purpose



Title:  A Time for Every Purpose Under Heaven
Author:  Chris Loehmer Kincaid
Pages:  183
Year:  2012
Publisher:  Life Sentence Publishing
Here is a nonfiction book that is based on a woman’s experiences before and after her trip to Africa, along with how God taught her from the book of Ecclesiastes in the Old Testament.  I was amazed at how Chris shares very transparently her heart, emotions and experiences.  It is an honest look at how some areas in Africa live in such poverty yet seem rich in their souls and belief in God.
Part of the testimony included how some women are treated by their husbands once they become infected with the HIV virus.  The astounding, deeply ingrained practices of various tribes at times made my jaw drop.  Where some of these particular men and women of the team went lacked even the basic of necessities for living was eye-opening.  As the missionaries experienced the life of the people living in some areas, it brought to Chris’ mind time and again her question before the Lord.  Chris just wanted to know why He called her to go, when it seemed other team members knew exactly why they were in Africa.
It becomes apparent to anyone who reads Chris’ account that there is much to do in Africa, along with how human hearts everywhere long for the love of Christ.
My rating is 4 stars.
Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
 Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/ .  Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457
Post a Comment

Popular Posts