Homeless to the Hall of Fame

Title:  Homeless to Hall of Fame
Author:  Capt. Shane Watson
Pages:  96
Year:  2013
Publisher:  Life Sentence Publishing
As I read Capt. Shane Watson’s life, I was stunned at what he endured and in awe of how God moved in his life.  Shane and his older brother were at first very happy boys in a family until choices made by the parents changed their future.  As a result, they lived through days and nights even years of all kinds of abuse.  While Shane shares a few things, he spares the readers sordid details.  However, there is more to this man’s life than just his past.
Shane shares how God worked in his life then and now, along with why he founded a foundation called The Sunday Afternoon Kids.  Shane’s foundation wants to share the resources he didn’t have when he was younger and his parents divorced.  Shane also has a condition that readers will be introduced to that seems more than trying to live with everyday.  It also shows though the tenacity and faith Shane along with his wife exercise every day to not let it define him or defeat him.
Recently, Shane was inducted into The Freshwater Fishing Hall of Fame.  The whole book gives glory to God along with challenge to take one breath at a time and believe God even when life experiences can be harsh.
My rating is 5 stars.
Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
 Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/ .  Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457

Post a Comment

Popular Posts