Sunday, July 20, 2014

Targets Down by Bob Hamer

Title:  Targets Down
Author:  Bob Hamer
Pages:  368
Year:  2011
Publisher:  B & H Books
As an avid reader, I am always looking for authors who write suspense as it is one of my favorite genres. Bob Hamer does an extraordinary job of sharing with audiences a fictional story of an FBI undercover agent who risks all to keep America safe.  The tale is set in Los Angeles where Matt is working undercover to find out who murdered a young girl and then killed a minister who was helping a stranded motorist.  The stranded motorist is a part of the FBI family which makes finding those guilty of utmost importance.  On top of locating those responsible for the shooting, Matt also is also working to get into the inner circle of a Russian mob business in order to apprehend the boss and associates.
Immediately I was drawn into the action, adventure and fight against evil while Matt is also trying not to let the environment around him permeate his soul.  Matt is a Christian man who works for the FBI.  His wife is a second grade teacher and their careers are as far apart as the North and South Pole.
I grew to appreciate the tension an undercover agent, who is a Christian, fights within themselves while staying alert to his job in the midst of prevailing evil, death and greed.  I simply couldn’t put down the well-written, suspense-filled book!  The ending was a surprise and well done.  Readers who are new to Bob Hamer will be eagerly looking to see what comes next from his pen.
I am sure the author, having been an undercover agent with the FBI, helped make the novel so exciting and authentic in detail.  The role Matt’s wife played as a prayer warrior and constant encouragement shows a unique characteristic that can be reflected by women no matter what their husband’s career.  As I read, I thought and wondered how many times the scenes reflected in the book are played out each and every day without any of us knowing the quiet heroes who guard us with their lives.  I will be an avid follower of this author for as long as he writes books!
My rating is 5 stars.
Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

 Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/ .  Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457
Post a Comment