Friday, July 25, 2014

The Horseman's Frontier Family

Title:  The Horseman’s Frontier Family (Bridegroom Brothers #2)
Author:  Karen Kirst
Pages:  288
Year:  2014
Publisher:  Love Inspired Historical
Gideon Thornton is the central figure of this tale along with a young widowed woman named Evelyn and her son Walt.  The land grab in Oklahoma is what causes their paths to cross, even though the families have a standing feud going back to the War Between the States.  Gideon’s father was killed in the war and the cousin who became his son’s caretaker was a harsh man.  So as soon as they were old enough the three brothers leave to begin life somewhere else.
The Thornton’s reputation in Brave Rock had been slighted due to the Chaucer family spewing the feudal words taught to them by their now deceased parents.  Evelyn had been the only girl and her marriage was not as it appeared to her brothers.  So when Gideon and Evelyn are forced to cohabitate on the same land until the judge can decide who rightfully owns the acreage the stage is set for either the feud to continue or an agreed upon peace.
Gideon finds that the longer he is around Evelyn and her young son he is fighting to keep the deep pain hidden in his heart from the past.  Evelyn has her own hidden past, but her main concern is why her son Walt no longer talks since the death of his Dad.  Now the close proximity brings about a connection not only between these two adults, but also between Gideon and God once again.
Bridegroom Brothers was first brought to my attention by reading the third book, The Lawman’s Oklahoma Sweetheart.  I had never read any of the Love Inspired Historical novels, so when I looked further I discovered the other books.   I recommend that you read them in order, which I unknowing didn’t as the third book brings about the conclusion of a mystery started in the first novel, The Preacher’s Bride, continuing in this book.  I really enjoyed being able to sit down and get lost in the tale filled with faith, romance and adventure!
My rating is 5 star.
Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

 Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/ .  Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457
Post a Comment