The Lawman's Oklahoma Sweetheart

Title:  The Lawman’s Oklahoma Sweetheart (Bridegroom Brothers #3)
Author:  Allie Pleiter
Pages:  288
Year:  2014
Publisher:  Love Inspired
Are you like me, one who loves to sit down to read a good book that has a lot of action, adventure, perhaps even a smidgen of romance?  I love reading a lot from writers who share their stories and help audiences everywhere to get lost in the pages of book as taking a break from reality for just awhile can be like a fresh breeze.  Here is tale set in the late 1800s in Oklahoma.  The sheriff is a man who is pursuing evidence against a gang known as the Black Four.
These Black Four men are attempting through nefarious means to cause people to sell their land and vacate the premises immediately.  What first begins as cutting fences and running out livestock escalates to murder.  The members of the gang appear in public to be upstanding men, but in the dark of night they carry out their plans to remove landowners, then disappearing before anyone can recognize them.  Sherriff Clint Thornton along with Brave Rock citizen Lars Brinkerhoff hatches a plan to capture these dangerous men so the townspeople and ranchers can live in peace.  However, the plan they come up with is dangerous plus it calls for Lars to be dead, which is the hardest part of all lying to Lars sister Katrine along with the town folk.  The Sherriff’s brothers cannot even know of this plan for fear that the very men Clint must trap might overhear whispers of the truth that Lars is in hiding and very much alive.  Clint reluctantly tells Katrine of the plan only after she swears to tell no one, but he has to agree to let her write him and take the notes back and forth.
Historical stories are very captivating to me, especially when the characters have faith in the Lord along with facing difficult times, dangerous situations and also sweet moments.  Westerns are enjoyable to read and the author crafts a great story that kept me turning pages till I was done!  While romance is part of the story, there is more to the characters like their faith, making a living, and being part of a community.  Like most people I love to cheer for the good guys to win in the end, and the sacrifice from some of the characters in the tale reminds us of the cost of freedom.  I loved the twist in the storyline the author threw in when I least expected it!  That was great!
Don’t pass up the book!  In fact, if you’re like me, you would want to know the titles to the other two books in the series which are The Preacher’s Bride Claim and The Horseman’s Frontier Family.
My rating is 5 stars.
Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

 Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/ .  Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457
Post a Comment

Popular Posts