Friday, August 15, 2014

A Bouquet of Love


Title:  A Bouquet of Love (Weddings by Design #4)
Author:  Janice Thompson
Pages:  352
Year:  2014
Publisher:  Revell
As tough as it is for authors to say good-bye to characters they have come to know so well when writing a series, this is one series that is hard for me to close as well.  From the first book through the last I have fallen in love with the characters, themes and wonderful laughter that bursts out when I come across a funny scene in the novels.  Here is the sequence of reading the previous stories in the series:  Weddings by Design, Icing on the Cake and The Dream Dress before ending the series with A Bouquet of Love.
Here the main character is Cassia Poppas a young Greek woman who loves Julie Garland movies and music.  When she is moved from California to Texas as her Dad makes a major decision to move the family without consulting anyone, all she can see at first is what she left behind.  The family opens a restaurant featuring Greek food directly across from a successful pizza store.  Now, the two head men of each restaurant business begin feuding and that begins to tear the families apart.  Will the women of each family, Italians on one side of the street and Greeks on the other, find a way to help mend the differences?
There were times as I was reading when I just burst out loud laughing, causing my family to wonder what I was laughing about.  These novels mix laughter, life and faith into well woven tales that encourage, enlighten the heart and entertain till you’re done with the book.  The author shares at the end of the book what her personal trials have been recently and how God used her time of writing to meet the need of her hurting heart.
Regardless of what one is going through sometimes reading a fictional tale helps calm the heart and wraps a comforting blanket around the reader’s soul.  Enjoy laughing, drying tears and sharing the stories with your families and friends!
My rating is 5 stars.
Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

 Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/ .  Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457
Post a Comment