A Heart to Heal

Title:  A Heart to Heal (Gordon Falls Book #4)
Author:  Allie Pleiter
Pages:  224         
Year:  2014
Publisher:  Love Inspired
What a tale about learning to live a life with a disability and moving past the emotions of the event that took a walking man in the prime of life and put him in a wheelchair for the remainder!  Max Jones is the male character who experiences such a traumatic experience and wonders if he can ever overcome the doubts, pain and anger at God or others.  Max Jones was a daredevil who now is asked by a high school counselor a year after learning to be in a wheelchair to mentor a young man experiencing bullying at his high school.
Heather is the school counselor who requested Max mentor Simon.  Simon had been in a wheelchair his whole life and is a quiet and shy freshman who looks to Max to help him overcome the over protectiveness of his parents, the torments of the bully at school and other normal teenage angst.  The whole ordeal begins to apparently blow up, hurting the hearts of many people including Heather, who has fallen in love with Max.
The themes in the book are of love, redemption, hope and forgiveness and so much more.  In case you want to read the series in order here is the list:  Falling for the Foreman, The Fireman’s Homecoming and The Firefighter’s Match, which I will now go back and read.  However, I can say this story was heart-touching and entertaining even without having read the three other novels.
For me the characters were so captivating as well as how tenderly yet honestly the author deals with the subject of disabilities.  It was honest in how the characters seriously considered a lifetime together when one has a major disability and all the challenges it brings into present and future. There are contrasting characters to show readers the possible outcome if choices are made in a positive or negative way when life throws such a hard curve.  Personally, I will be watching for other works from this author as well as reading the other books in the Gordon Falls series.  Will you join me?  I sure hope so as there is much to discover in this series!
My rating is 5 stars.
Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

 Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/ .  Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457
Post a Comment

Popular Posts