Thursday, August 14, 2014

Enemies Among Us by Bob Hamer

Title:  Enemies Among Us (A Thriller)
Author:  Bob Hamer
Pages:  323
Year:  2010
Publisher:  Fidelis
Enemies Among Us is the third novel for me to review from the pen of Bob Hamer.  Recently, I reviewed Counterfeit Lies, which he coauthored with Oliver North published in June 2014.  The more I read of this genre from various authors, who have had real life experiences in the field, the more grateful I become for the work many men and women do to keep Americans safe.  Not only have those who are on the front lines fighting to keep Americans safe but their families as well, so again my thanks to those who serve and their families!
The tale takes place in Los Angeles where undercover FBI agent Matt Hogan is on the front lines fighting to track down terrorists who are making plans to bring about destruction and death.  Matt is volunteering at a clinic that helps care for children brought to the United States for medical assistance unavailable overseas.  Matt is attempting to seek proof that the clinic is a front for financing terrorism, but so far he has found nothing.  Matt’s wife is a second grade teacher with a student whose father owns a small grocery store.  While visiting her student once Caitlin accidently witnesses a questionable transaction.  Once away from the store Caitlin passes on her information to Matt and from there the story starts to build.
Veteran undercover FBI agent and author Bob Hamer tells a gripping tale of the war on terrorism within the United States of America.  The story builds in suspense and action while also showing the spiritual and emotional battle the main character, Matt Hogan, is going through inside.  I found it very interesting that what helped Matt stay grounded was his wife’s beliefs, actions and prayers.  Profoundly put forth as well is the understanding of the Middle Eastern beliefs and lifestyles that are different, which I enjoyed understanding the people and faith more.  There is action, adventure, faith, compassion and more.  Readers will be tuning into the action, engrossed in the story and probably losing track of time as I did!  Don’t miss reading another wonderful writing from Bob Hamer.  I will be watching for more!
My rating is 5 stars.
Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
 Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/ .  Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457


Post a Comment