Wind Over Marshdale

Title:  Wind over Marshdale
Author:  Tracy Krauss
Pages:  404
Year:  2013
Publisher:  CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform
Note:  I received a complimentary copy for an honest review of this book from the author offered on www.bookfun.org
Every time I picked up this book to read my thoughts about the novel were going through many changes.  I have never read any of Tracy’s books before, and if one went by the cover alone, I am not sure whether I would have read it or not.  I am glad though that I read the book along with thinking about what message the author may or may not have been piecing together.
The word that describes the story within is raw.  The characters are created as if they have flesh and blood along with spiritual battles and sinful human nature.  Unlike other developed tales, readers will be able to identify various issues in the book that they may have in some way experienced or known.  It is a challenge to read a book where characters aren’t cardboard cut and all cleaned up before being written for public consumption.  Here is the human nature in unveiled reality showing our hearts battle to do what we know to do, but failing at times so miserably as we choose to do what we ought not to.
On the other side is the heart’s cry for God, not religious rules or laws, but a longing to loved, known and forgiven by God.  Not all the characters in the story want God or even acknowledge Him, which brings to the forefront how Christians are in the world, but not of the world.  How do Christians relate to each other in a loving way when one has fallen into sin?  How do Christians reach out in love to those who hate Christ and anyone who dares to live for Him?  I think Tracy Krauss brings the audience to consider where each person is with their walk with the Lord and how we might need to examine how we do or do not live in a way that glorifies Him.  She also brings out the never-ending invitation from the Lord to return to Him or come to Him for the first time just as we are without thinking we must do something else first before He could even think of forgiving us.
The novel has many characters and situations readers will find truly represent any society.  I appreciate the length to which the author goes to create a story that is intriguing, speculative, and outstanding!  The multiple and diverse ethnicities, personalities, backgrounds and more will have readers engrossed to the end.  One of the overarching themes in the pages is spiritual warfare and the possibilities of how it manifests in the lives of people every day.  For me, I think the cover needs a different approach to really convey the author’s heart in her story.  I hope many will take the time to read and contemplate any truths revealed in the fictional writing.  I look forward to what comes next from the author’s pen and will be sharing with you my thoughts when I read her next novel.
My rating is 5 stars.

Note: The opinions shared in this review are solely my responsibility.  Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/ .  Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457
Post a Comment

Popular Posts