Driftwood Tide

Title:  Driftwood Tides
Author:  Gina Holmes     http://www.ginaholmes.com/
Pages:  400
Year:  2014
Publisher:  Tyndale
When I started the book, it was already late at night but I couldn’t stop myself from reading all the way till the very last page!  In my family alcoholism has held too many members captive and ruined marriages.  I recently attended my father’s funeral and even with the deep pain of loss, as I read this fictional book, I wondered what it would have been like growing up never knowing my father or mother and being thankful to the Lord that I never had to find out.
In the tale, Libby is preparing for her wedding.  Her mother and her father abandoned her ages ago.  Since her future husband, Rob, had a sister die from cystic fibrosis, both Rob and Libby want to know if there is any possibility of producing a child with the same challenges in life.  When the blood tests are returned, the results contain both good and surprising news.  Now, Libby has to confront her mother. Finding out after all these years she was adopted sends her looking for her biological mother and maybe even her father.  When she starts the journey, it eventually leads to her understanding that deep down the father she really needs is God the Father.
Gina Holmes writes a moving story of love, loss, redemption, forgiveness and acceptance that will keep the audience turning pages until the end.  With heart-wrenching clarity, the subject matter of alcoholism is presented along with the truth that it can be deadly in many ways.  There is hope written in the story as well, especially as some of the characters truthfully face the issues plaguing their hearts along with the people adversely affected.  I loved how the relationship between Libby and Rob went through phases and changes that I think reflect a possible path.
If you get a moment to look at the author’s website, please do so as she has words of wisdom to share and other interesting information to read.  Gina Holmes has found a new follower for her writings in this reviewer.
My rating is 5 stars.
Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

 Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/ .  Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457
Post a Comment

Popular Posts