Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Hidden in the Stars


Title:  Hidden in the Stars
Author: Robin Caroll
Pages:  224
Year:  2014
Publisher:  Abingdon Press
When I began reading the book, I felt as if I had been dropped right into the middle of a scene that reached out and grabbed my full attention.  Here is a fictional story about a young woman who dedicates her life towards a solitary goal, being on the Olympic gymnastics team.  However, when she wakes up, she hears a beeping noise and finds she cannot speak or move.
Now for the detective to get her statement he brings in a professional lip reader who helps tell her experience of a horrible beating.  Julian Frazier is the one man who is deeply affected by this case he is assigned to solve with his partner.  The further he probes into what occurred, the more the walls around his heart come tumbling down.  Does Sophia, the young woman who miraculously survives her injuries, feel the same way about him as he does about her?
All I want to say is that to read this book is to experience a riveting story that seeks to untangle a web fashioned decades ago.  I was totally engrossed the further I got into the story.  The suspense was palpable and engaging!  Without telling you more of the tale, all I can say is that for those who love mystery, suspense, and family secrets hidden in the making of a quilt, this book is for you!  Don’t miss reading it, and perhaps you might consider sharing it with a friend or family member.
My rating is 5+ stars.
Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

 Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/ .  Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457
Post a Comment