Monday, September 8, 2014

Nowhere to Turn by Lynette Eason (Hidden Identities Series #2)


Title:  Nowhere to Turn (Hidden Identity Series #2)
Author:  Lynette Eason
Pages:  320
Year:  2014
Publisher:  Revell
The moment I opened the book and began reading was the exact time I sensed the author turned the tension up to a very high setting in her newest story!  I sat up all night to read the entire novel because I knew there was no way I was going to sleep without the knowledge of how the tale concluded.  Sure enough, the suspense was palpable and the ending simply brilliant as I read the last sentence and chuckled.
Dani is the female character who is a wife to an FBI agent who was abusive, insane and dirty to the core.  Kurt was killed one night and his brother Stuart planned on taking his place as the new husband to Dani, but Dani had other plans.  Those plans were to run to refuge where she and her son, Simon, could obtain new identities and disappear.  However, the illegal activity Kurt was involved in had many partners who wanted to obtain the merchandise and money Kurt never turned over to the hungry, power loving people who paid for the delivery of their order.
Adam is the operative assigned to protect both Dani and Simon from being found by Stuart or those who want their merchandise no matter the cost.  What brings forth the well-written tension is how Adam, along with those he is protecting, tries to stay one step ahead of the killers each time the bad men are closing in on their latest “safe” house location.  Dani is a woman whose faith is new, but through her trials is growing fast in trusting the Lord.  Simon is the teenager who trusts his mother and knows more about what Dani has endured than she thought.  One night Simon decides he alone can bring the danger to an end.
I kept getting lost more and more in the story with each new twist and turn of the plot.  The action never seemed to loosen up until almost the very end of the book.  One other aspect I liked about the tale was how the author showed the personal sacrifices and hard choices the protector, Adam, had to make between his personal family and job.  Simon’s character made me laugh as a teenage boy who always thought with his stomach, claiming to always be starving. 
In the summer of 2015, book three of the series will be released, and until then I guess I will find other wonderful novels to enjoy.
My rating is 5+ stars.
Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

 Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/ .  Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457
Post a Comment