Thursday, October 16, 2014

Barren Among the Fruitful



Title:  Barren among the Fruitful
Author:  Amanda Hope Haley
Pages:  160
Year:  2014
Publisher:  Thomas Nelson
Amanda shares with women not only her journey, but that of many others.  I know women who went through similar trials and heartache; it is never easy.  For those who haven’t traveled this path, you might want to read through the book to help you understand what is hard to explain to those who have had children.  One of the best characteristics of a study that I look for is whether an author has experienced drawing near to God for themselves before writing for others.  I’m glad to tell you that is indeed the case here.
One unique discovery I came across was that the introduction was written by Amanda’s mother who also experienced barrenness.  Society tends to place much pressure on whether a marriage produces children or not, and that pressure is hard to carry day after day.  What Amanda shares with readers is how God walks them through infertility and brings them to a place where they never thought they could be content.  Another aspect Amanda’s study brings forth is that a change of perspective isn’t something one can do for oneself, but when drawing near to God, He does the impossible.
My rating is 5 stars.
Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
 Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/ .  Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457


Post a Comment