Glen Campbell: I'll Be Me Movie Review


Title:  Glen Campbell…I’ll Be Me
Link:  http://glencampbellmovie.com/faith/
Year:  2014
Leave a comment below with your email address for an opportunity to win a soundtrack of the movie!
Glen Campbell and his family share a very transparent journey that brings both laughter and tears as he declined with Alzheimer’s.  For a year, the family shares his final tour without covering up even the tough times.  Friends and fans share their memories of this man along with how Glen impacted their lives.
While it was amazing to see this man do his singing and playing as he always had, it was hard to watch Glen decline to a place where he had to stop.  There were pictures of family and friends along with videos that Glen would watch and then ask questions as to who the people were.  When he toured, he had to have a teleprompter because he couldn’t recall the lyrics, but he sure could play that guitar like nobody I have ever heard before.
The reason Glen along with his family did this was to bring awareness to Alzheimer’s, but also to show all who are impacted by watching their loved one’s journey.  For me, it helped to comfort me as I listened to the family share their joys and sorrows about times living with Glen because this last year it is become familiar territory for me.  Glen was also able to gain the attention of those in government to help attain funding to finding a cure so hopefully sometime in the future it will be a distant memory.
I know it may be hard for many to go and see the movie; it was bitter sweet for me as I just lost my Dad to this disease.  Yet, may we all show the same faith and courage as the Campbell family did to face it head on so at the end of the journey there aren’t any regrets.  Glen has impacted many lives by his songs and talent, maybe even his past troubles.  I think this film will be what many remember about him most because he laughed, joked, sang, traveled and said farewell with a heart of love.
Thanks Glen for all you shared.  God Bless you on your journey home to Him.
My rating is 5 stars.
"Disclosure (in accordance with the FTC’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising”): Many thanks to Propeller Consulting, LLC for providing this prize for the giveaway. Choice of winners and opinions are 100% my own and NOT influenced by monetary compensation. I did receive a sample of the product in exchange for this review and post.
 Only one entrant per mailing address, per giveaway. If you have won the same prize on another blog, you are not eligible to win it again. Winner is subject to eligibility verification.”


Post a Comment

Popular Posts