Mercy Killer by James Pence is Awesome!


Title:  Mercy Killer
Author:  James Pence
Pages:  400
Year:  2012
Publisher:  Mountainview Books
Amazon Link: http://www.amazon.com/Mercy-Killer-James-Pence/dp/1941291023/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1413686928&sr=1-1&keywords=mercy+killer
Before I share my thoughts on this particular novel let me tell you that the author is donating the proceeds from the sales of the book to ALS research.
When I began reading this robust story, I wasn’t quite sure which direction the action or plot was going in, but am I glad to have read the book.  Part of the story is mystery, suspense, thriller along with faith and ethics.  One main character, Dr. Westlake, spoke loudly for helping patients end their lives until it came to a crossroads of putting her beliefs into action.  When a patient of hers is found dead in a hospital room in the wee hours of the morning before a scheduled surgery, the lead detective is all but convinced Dr. Westlake is the culprit.
Charles is a retired cop, living with ALS and living on the brink between giving up and fighting to live another day.  David is an old partner who realizes that while Charles’s body may not work right anymore that doesn’t mean he is useless.  In fact, his years of experience as a cop would be of great value, so he comes up with a way to keep Charles active.  Over the years the detectives have solved many cases and along the way they encountered a batch of unsolved cases that David fears may be tied together, all because the killer’s calling card is a little ceramic angel left by the body.
With each page the audience turns the deeper and more intriguing the mystery gets.  Trying to figure out who the antagonist of the story was proved to be a challenge for me.  There were times I thought I had figured out the bad guy or woman and thought all I was going to discover was how they got caught.  However, it proved to be much more diabolical with the twists of the plot the author adds.  I read another story written by James Pence called, Unseen, which I also highly recommend.  Now, I can also recommend Mercy Killer as a novel to add to your collection.  This is a top notch author with an extraordinary tale that will bring hours of enjoyment.
My rating is 5+ stars.
Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

 Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/ .  Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457
Post a Comment

Popular Posts