Playing Saint


Title:  Playing Saint
Author:  Zachary Bartels
Pages:  352
Year:  2014
Publisher:  Thomas Nelson
Let me introduce to you a new author with a knockout work of fiction…Zachary Bartels!  Playing Saint is not just an outstanding piece of work, but the message really is relevant for today.  I was glued to the pages until the very end due to the ingenious placing of more twists and turns of the plot than expected.  With each twist and turn of the plot, the tension ramped up and before the end characters’ revelations kept me turning the pages with eagerness to read the finale.
The story is a mystery with spiritual overtones as the killer leaves a “calling card” that looks like an object, but is it really what it appears?  While trying to capture the person responsible for these murders another killer seems to be on the loose that draws figures on the bodies before leaving the scene.  To help solve the cases the police ask a pastor, who is on the rise to stardom with a growing flock, to join their team as a consultant.  Before too long the pastor’s life is endangered, but what really strikes Pastor Saint is what is revealed about his true spiritual life.
When I read the synopsis of the book, I was captivated and desired to read it as soon as possible.  What I read defies description.  The story is captivating and the plot truly brilliant.  I haven’t read anything of this nature in a long time.  There are spiritual themes, mystery, flashbacks and characters that may not be what they appear to be or are they?  After the audience is done reading, there is a note from the author that will truly drive home the main theme of Playing Saint.  All I can say is that I will be watching this author closely in hopes that in the near future he will write another outstanding piece of work that will be on my shelf to read again and again.
My rating is 5+ stars.
Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
 Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/ .  Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457


Post a Comment

Popular Posts